quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Anyone remember me?

Hey there! 
You all look kinda familiar...
Do you remember me?

My school semester is winding down
FINALLY!!
I found a little bit of time over our Thanksgiving break to edit a few photos from the last few months

This was taken late Aug/early Sep... I think. I hate getting backed up on editing!
But I can tell it was hot out- no shirt on my boy!
Apparently, we went to the park at some point in time...




Oh look!
It's starting to get chilly-
I see a jacket!





Can there possibly be any cuter lips??
I love the single seed flying away!
These are some of my fav's
We took the kiddos to our local Fall Fest
They loved the bounce house, as always!

So much pure, simple, unadulterated joy
{{{LOVE}}}

We havne't been doing too much lately, unfortunately. But I need to keep up with school. It's gotten much more intense this year (as opposed to my other 2 years). I'm enjoying it, though. I started my clinical rotations in September- I'm finishing up one at a Children's hospital. I love it! I love being able to help kiddos & to do it without hurting anyone (I don't like to be the source of pain).

My kiddos are doing alright. Milo is talking more and more every single day. Between our new speech therapist and his preschool teachers being so awesome, he's made leaps & bounds. I keep meaning to get a video of him talking... I need to work on that!

And he plays imagination games all of a sudden! He has a sudden obsession with the Avengers (thank you Marvel for putting together an action movie without all the cussing & gore). Yes, it's rated PG-13, but I tend to decide on the individual movie itself whether the kids ought to watch. Anyway, he loves playing with his action figures that he had no interest in just a few months ago. And he categorizes everyone as "good guy" or "bad guy." Matt's & my categories changes hourly depending on how he's feeling.

Xandra is doing alright as well. She's been struggling in first grade. We had a conference with the teacher last month. She confirmed what we already knew- as much as Xandra loves going to school, she's just not up to par with the other kids & with what the state demands. She will most likely be repeating first grade. I was thoroughly upset about it at first (feeling like it was all my fault), but I'm coming to terms with it. Nothing is written in stone, yet... and I'm always hopeful something in her will "click" and she'll suddenly understand & excel... But I'm not holding my breath. I'm trying to be realistic. And do what's best for her. Can you tell I'm still struggling with this? My worst fear is that she'll get so frustrated that she'll lose her love of school. So, we keep trudging along, doing as best we can, working with her for usually 2 hours a night (there's a lot of homework involved in first grade!!).

So, that's what we're up to. My finals are coming up, and then I get a few weeks off. Yay! Hopefully I'll be able to update the blog a bit more during that time. 

Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...