quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Scootin' Along {Sunday Snapshot}

Nikon D90
ISO 100, f2.8, SS 1/320
I don't know why this picture speaks to me so much.
But I love it.
It's just so...  Milo.
The scooter isn't the easiest thing for him to use - he loses balance easily since he can only hold on with his one arm.
But don't for a minute think that stops him. Ever.
He always figures out a way.
I love watching him learn something new.
He is so driven, focused.
He is a survivor.
It's what saved him in China.
It's why he was so loved in the orphanage.
And it's what makes him shine now, and will serve him so well later in life.
He does not, will not quit.

I've been thinking about how adoption has affected our family and our friends lately. 
At this point in our journey, for me at least, it is virtually identical to the feelings I had after Xandra was born.
I cannot remember our lives without our son.
Well... I can. But I don't want to.

An update on Milo's progress in speech:
We've transitioned out of the Help Me Grow program in our county (we hit a plateau with the current speech therapist, and decided to leave the program a little early).
We started moving Milo into the local school system.
He was reassessed on his speech, and the therapist told us he is just ever so slightly below average.
She actually told us that he is so close to "normal" that it was a real toss-up over whether she should qualify him or not.
But she, as with most people we meet, fell in love with him & really wanted to spend more time with him.
He's a charmer.
During this process, we met with multiple people (gotta love all the red tape).
Almost all of them were shocked that Milo did not qualify for physical or occupational therapy.
One woman in particular was just amazed with Milo's abilities - especially when he showed her how he could wash his hand by himself.
I think we blew her mind when we showed her the video of him peeling an orange by himself.
We decided not to send him to the school system's preschool.
We have thought about this decision well over a month.
Ultimately, though, we decided that his current daycare is exactly where he needs to be.
They love him there; we're not just familiar with his teachers, they are our friends.
I am so happy we have this decision behind us.
Now.... On with summer!!!

I'm linking up with Sunday Snapshot.
Click the link below to check out the wonderful
Stefanie (@ Ni Hao Y'all) & other great blogs!


Ni Hao Yall

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Milo! Very cool about his speech progress, and so glad he's in a school you're happy with. Very comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing all he can do... he is such a special little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...