quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012- Year in Review

We made it through 2012!
Here are a few highlights of our year (I couldn't narrow it down to 1 picture per month... sorry)

January

Chinese New Year celebration


Trying to keep the kids busy during on those stay-inside-days (playing with rice)


February

We had a very mild winter, so we ended up getting to spend a lot of time outdoors.



March

My first outside-the-family photo shoot!!

And some time at the park.


April

Big Day!! We re-adopted Milo in the States! Now he has an American birth certificate!

Thanks to our mild winter, we got to work on our garden earlier than normal.


May

Splashing in the puddles!

Milo & Xandra have grown so close to each other.


June

This was a bad month.
My mom passed away at the beginning of the month. 
I miss her terribly. 
Every day. 

We introduced Milo to the slip-n-slide.
July

I started another photography class.
So, we headed back to the park.

And when the park got old, we explored our backyard.

August

We drove to a larger park near our house where there were awesome photography opportunities.

Xandra started 1st grade!

And I got to do another photo shoot with this little man!

September

More photography class assignments ~ silhouettes

and a self-portrait (AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!)

October & November

I didn't post because I was so swamped with school!! Between classes & my clinical rotation... well, things got crazy around here.

December

I got to visit one of my very best friends in Portland over a long weekend in October to meet her brand new baby girl. It took me until December to finally finish editing her pictures (thank goodness my friend is understanding!).


Xandra is getting so grown up.

Milo's 1st time playing in the snow!


It was an interesting year. I'm glad it's over, though. 
I learned a lot and was able to work on my photography (thanks Lisa!!). 
I lost one of the most important people in my life, which is still so so painful.
Xandra & Milo continue to strengthen their relationship, which is beautiful to watch & be part of.
So, bring on 2013!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...