quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Water Skills

Milo has discovered a new skill today:

I love how happy he is with himself!! It makes me laugh every time I watch it & hear him giggle!

When I got up this morning, I checked the weather report (as I always do) & had a brilliant idea! Sunny, hot weather calls for playing in some water. But Milo scares me when we're in the pool- I much prefer to have at least one other adult helping me with him in the pool & Matt had plans to work around the yard today. So, I figured I'd grab the kids, take them to W*lmart & get a water table toy!

What is this?? Are my kids playing together without arguing and/or fighting??



"Alright Mom! Enough with the camera! I'm working here!!"
Look at that face! He was concentrating so hard! 

They were so mad at me for forcing them to come inside for lunch. I won't even go into the fights I had when I announced nap time. I promised they could come back out & play afterward, so they finally relented.

Xandra was up first, so she "waited" for Milo outside.
 I would like to note that this is the first day in 3 years that my daughter has allowed me to put her hair up in any type of pony/piggy tail. I was near tears I was so happy! Am I a dork?... yes. And I didn't even do a great job of it either, but I was just thrilled! She even asked me to do it again tomorrow & for school!! I'm so excited!

Milo finally got up from his nap... Yeah, we couldn't find his swim trunks, so we made do. 

After an hour or so of playing with the water table, they started getting a little bored. That's when I pulled out the big guns... the Slip-N-Slide!! 

 Milo enjoyed the "sprinkler" aspect of it.
 Oh look! Yet another place Milo has found to get a drink of water!

 There was a lot of slipping... but not much sliding!
Xandra found another way to use it!

We were outside pretty much the entire day. The kids were exhausted- Milo was actually having trouble standing up & walking he was so tired (which also meant he didn't have the energy to practice his new climbing skill)! They had so much fun! I can't wait to do it again! Tomorrow, we're off to our friends' pool again. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...