quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Big K & Backyard Play

Today was Xandra's big day. First day of Kindergarten (aka in Xandra-speak "Gigergarden") & the first bus ride (aside from our transportation in China). Once the bus left with her, I jumped in my car & drove to the school to meet her & help her to her classroom. I managed to hold it together while I was in front of her, but I lost it once I was back in my car on the way home. And yes... it was the ugly cry. Thank God nobody was taking pictures of me! 
 My big girl walking to the bus stop. 
(Thankfully, the bus pulls right up to the side of our house!)


She started out very bravely... 

Then she hesitated... She turned around & came back for one last hug.
**Look how tiny she looks next to the boy down the street!!**

And then she took her first big step. Literally. Look how big that step is!!

And a little over 3 hours later, our girl came home! Is that the the best expression or what?!

After dinner this evening, we couldn't pass up the awesome weather so we headed outside.
This boy lights up our world!  


I am loving Xandra's new haircut, but I think the shorter hairs at the front are bothering her a bit. I did have a barrette in there earlier, but as always, she took it out early in the day.

Ok, so this one isn't from our backyard evening, but how could I pass up this smile?? He's just adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...