quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Progress, Silliness, & a Surprise! {Fav Foto Friday}

I need to get more video of Milo talking. Something in his little brain has kind of clicked on, and he's started really trying to communicate with words in the last week. More than just the grunts we've heard for almost 9 months. I can't say it's really an onslaught of words, but he's trying so hard.

You can see the wheels turning as he tries to remember the word he wants, form it in his mouth, and make it understandable. I was shocked tonight when little man said 3 words together. We've been working on putting 2 words together for months.



But I don't think his speech therapist will count this as a 3-word-sentence (darn it!). She's let me know that even though he regularly, spontaneously, & correctly will say "all done" & "thank you," those don't count either. Because those words are regularly put together (a common phrase), it only counts as one word. Boo. Oh well- it's still exciting to hear him say new things!!

Ok, the next one is just wrong of us. As parents, we should probably not be encouraging our kids to do these things. We are so immature. I'm ashamed. Well, I'll try to be after I quit laughing.



The other day, I was trying to clean up some things in our bedroom. We've been home from China for about 9 months now.... yeah, I still have a half-packed suitcase in our room. No clothing is left in there, but a lot of the stuff that we purchased as keepsakes. Anyway, I was looking through things and discovered this:


I don't remember getting this in China! It was like discovering the most precious gift I could dream of (with the exception of a baby picture, of course). I don't know how old he is in this picture, but I know it's younger than 21 months (that's how old he was when we first met him). I love this little baby face!! 


Happy Friday!!

the long road

2 comments:

  1. He is adorable! I love his stern look in the baby photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby face :)
    Beautiful portrait.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...