quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bedtime Routine

I'm a big believer in routines for the kiddos.
(That does not mean I'm always good at maintaining them!)
We have a bedtime routine that we do faithfully every night. 
We usually have a toy clean up time for about 10 minutes (this is flexible based on the amount of mess they made during the day).
Then we head upstairs to change into pj's.
Afterward, we head over to the bathroom to brush teeth.

50mm, ISO 2000, f2.2, SS 160


Milo likes to make sure Xandra's brushing correctly.

Then we read books.
If Matt's home, we divide & conquer.
But when he's not home at bedtime, we pile onto Xandra's bed & read all together.


Finally, it's tuck-in time.
Milo loves to tuck Xandra into bed.
We give hugs, kisses, and wishes for good dreams.
Then it's off to bed for Milo.
He also gets a reminder of the rules each & every night (stay in bed, don't throw your blanket out of the crib, this is our last 'goodnight'- do not call mommy or daddy to tuck you in again (this is his stall method of choice the last few weeks)).

So many reasons I love the bedtime routine.
The kids always know what to expect.
So they know their little bodies need to wind down & get ready to drift off to sleep.
Don't get me wrong - it doesn't always work out like it's supposed to.
Especially when one or both decide to push the limits.
But for the most part, it works for us.
So what are your routines that are tried & true for your family?
(I'm always looking to improve things where I can!)


**Xandra let me get a picture of her loose tooth tonight!
It's the left front tooth - can you see that adult tooth already popped through behind the loose one??

Ni Hao Yall

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite parts of the day...reading stories when they are all clean and fresh and drowsy...snuggled in close. My Jillian insists on "tucking in" her older sister too every night (and then she sneaks downstairs with us for a bit..but please don't spill our secret!).

    Nice shots of the moments that make a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I adore that firetruck shirt! I completely agree- routines are good not only for kids but for parent's sanity too. I would get nothing accomplished without staying on routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours is super short and sweet...a necessity when Vince and I are so outnumbered!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...