quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Day :)

Has it really been almost a week since I've posted? Goodness! I've been so very busy studying for yet another Anatomy exam, time once again got away from me. There are only a few more exams left in that class (THANK YOU!!). I got started studying just a few days ago, and decided last night that I was not ready to take the exam at my regularly scheduled class time of 9:30. I switched my exam time to 1:00 this afternoon (thankfully, my teacher is flexible on this sort of thing), and spent the extra time cramming. Thank goodness I did!!! I got the best grade I've ever received on an Anatomy test! It wasn't as good as I'd like, but it was pretty awesome! :D

Some other good news: we had a call with our agency yesterday to go over some preliminary travel information. Initially, I was once again disappointed in our agency. A few weeks back, Matt scheduled an event at the beginning of May because we just didn't know when we'd get our TA, or how long it would take to get everything ready to travel once we did get it. So, our agency wants us to leave out on a Friday, to arrive in Shanghai Saturday. Then our "Gotcha Day" will be the following Monday. We spend a week in Shanghai, then head off to Guangzhou for the 2nd week. No where in this tentative itinerary was anything about seeing some of the "tourist-y" sites. No Great Wall. No Forbidden City. No Tiananmen Square. No Olympics Stadium. I was really disappointed! I can learn a lot about Milo's country from the internet, but there is absolutely nothing that compares to seeing it in real life, in person. We were told the only way we could see these things was to leave nearly a week early, which is unfortunately not possible for us.

Now, I know that we will get to see & explore the most important city in Milo's life- Shanghai. For that, I will be forever grateful. But I so wanted to see some of the rest of his country. We thought briefly about staying afterward, and try to tour with Milo in tow. We were strongly advised against that plan. I understand the reasons (a lot of stress on a little boy who barely knows us + the extra time away from home for the rest of us). So, we've backed off of the touring idea. I told Matt that just means I'll be pushing him to go back for another adoption - hey! Xandra needs a sister!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...