quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where Has My Baby Gone?


Pretend she's not slightly grinning. Imagine her with a disgusted look - that's what we've seen way more often that I'd like. 

The last few days have brought a realization I was so hoping to put off for at least 5 more years (if not more)... My baby girl has been replaced with the makings of a pre-teen. The ATTITUDE she has been showing is absolutely ridiculous! All of a sudden, we're hearing loud sighs, huffs & puffs, smacking her leg in protest, and back-talk. I've heard a lot of "Whatever Mom!" I knew it was coming, but I really didn't expect it for a while. And not to this extent. I'm just not prepared. I've got to nip this while it's still new, so she doesn't think she can get away with this! 


She may look cute... but we know better! 

OH! & the negotiator she's become!! I think she may be a future lawyer! 
"Xandra, it's time to get your pj's on." 
"I just want 2 more minutes!" 
"Xandra, it's been 2 minutes, now it really is time to get ready for bed." 
"Mommy! I just need to brush baby's hair!" 
Grrrr!! What happened to my baby girl who hung on my every word and followed the rules? I know I've been spoiled by having such an incredibly easy child to raise. Seriously. She really is a natural rule-follower. At least she was before this 'thing' took over her body. I miss my sweet little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...