quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Walking!!!

Our baby boy is WALKING!! He's taken a couple steps here & there since a few days after we got him in China. But, he would hold onto our hand with a death grip while we practiced, and would promptly crumble to the floor if we tried to let go.

Today though, he finally did it!! Matt & I sat a little bit apart (as we'd done countless times before) and "passed" him back & forth. He got the hang of it pretty quickly from there. In fact, Matt took Xandra out for a some daddy/daughter time alone a little later & Milo showed off. He walked away from me, turned around & came back! It took Xandra a while to grasp the turning around thing. So, that kind of blew me away!

Matt laughed later saying "You realize we've only made him even more potentially destructive!" He's already into everything he can get his hand on & has been desperately trying to climb/get to things he can't yet reach. Now, he'll be even worse!!

What cracked me up was Milo's squeals every time he took a few steps. He was so proud of himself! And so were we!!

Sleeping went a lot better last night than in the past few days. Matt gave Milo a bath, and I gave him a bit of Benadryl. I also got a small radio for his room so it wouldn't be so quiet. Whether it was the combination, or just one thing - he slept from 9:30 to 6!! YAY!! I suppose the big test will be tonight. No Benadryl tonight... and no bath (no energy to give one). I hope we'll have the same luck!! **Crossing fingers!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...