quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Why, oh Why?

Xandra is sick. This is not good in so many ways. Obviously, I don't want my baby girl to be sick. But this particular illness (a common cold), is so much worse at this precise moment than it would be at any other time. I've got a call in to our adoption agency to find out what our options are (rescheduling the trip? getting a power of attorney so one parent can travel?).

She has a nasty, rattly cough and some congestion. No ear pain, thankfully. But, that cough is just rough. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday, but with it being just a cold, we didn't get any meds. We can't put her on a plane and feel good about it. I would feel awful for putting her through that, as well as the other passengers- wouldn't we be getting the "death" stare!

So, as of right this minute... I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if we'll be leaving tomorrow morning or not... I'll keep everyone posted. :(  **Let me know if anyone out there knows some magic!!!

***UPDATE***
After some serious freaking out & a few urgent phone calls, we have the pediatrician's "A-OK" to take Miss Sicky Xandra on the plane!! THANK GOD!!! Someone up above sure was looking out for us!! So, after a good 12-hour stand-still, in which time I quit packing (that was the freak-out time). I am now scrambling to finish. Oh, and our bags look like a mini-pharmacy. Who needs clothes?? We need to keep this kid WELL!!!

Thanks to everyone who messaged me with good thoughts & well-wishes!! I love how much support we have- it truly touches my soul! Keep the messages coming throughout our trip- I love reading them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...