quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Patch {Sunday Snapshot}

Matt went out campaigning yesterday, so I figured I'd take the kiddos to the pumpkin patch. I told Xandra before we left that we wouldn't be getting the big pumpkins because daddy wasn't with us (we need his muscles!). But we did get some of the little "baby" ones. I was really excited- this was Milo's 1st trip to the pumpkin patch! Oh the picture potentials!!

This is a perfect example of the attitude I got all day long... 
"How about a picture of you & your brother together by the pumpkins??"


I think this is the best of the bunch, even though Xandra still looks extremely annoyed & Milo never once looked at the camera....


I managed to get a ton of these "side of face" shots because the kids would quickly turn away from me as soon as I held up my camera. Grrrr!!!


I don't know what that worried expression is all about...





So, overall I suppose it was a fun time. Sorta. The place we go isn't really a farm (if you couldn't tell). They basically just put the pumpkins out in front of a store & we get to go find one we like. The bad part about that place is that it's really near a very busy road (it's essentially a commercial building). They put the biggest pumpkins near the road (to draw customers in) & that's where Milo wanted to go. So at the end of our trip, I said we could look at them. Milo made a break for it & tried to run into the road. I screamed, ran after him, and threw gently placed him into his car seat. Definitely time to leave.

His mischievous streak didn't end when we got home, though. As soon as we walked in the door, Milo kicked the dog's freshly filled water bowl, throwing water everywhere. Nap Time!!

It was a very trying kind of day. Hopefully today turns out a little better!!

***This is really off-topic... but I have a friend whose family needs as many prayers as possible. This past Wednesday (I found out Thursday afternoon), her 18-year-old daughter passed away. She had dealt with seizures for most of her life, and she was trying to adjust her medication to get them back under control. As I understand, she was actually at Children's for testing, and had a massive seizure that took her life. Her funeral was today. Thank you in advance.***



Sunday Snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...