quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stop & Smell the Flowers


We've been enjoying (what I assume will be) the last bits of decent weather. It's that weather that is really nice in the afternoons, but gets chilly enough after sunset to remind you that winter is just around the corner  :(


So we went out & played. :) 


I have to share a story, partially because it's cute & partially because I know I will one day be known as a profit. :)


3 years ago, we bought Xandra a Powerwheels Barbie Jeep for her 2nd birthday. I will never forget how Matt & I stayed up most of that night putting that damn thing together. I would like to say that the look in her eyes when she saw it was worth it... but she drove it one time that day...

& hasn't touched the pedal since.


Every summer since (3 years people!), she insists that we get it out of storage & swears this will be the year she finally gets the courage up to drive it. Nope. Nada. She will sit in it for hours if we let her, listening to the radio. 
Not moving. 
At all.

*If I'd have known she'd like a simple, cheap radio so much, I would have just bought one of those!*


Milo, however, has taken a liking to this car. He's not scared to push the pedal (he actually laughs hysterically when he does), but he's not quite big enough to sit down & reach it. So when he does push down (from a standing position), the car leaps forward (or back), and throws him off balance. 


The problem has been that he needs help in & out of the car. I lift him up into it, and without fail, two minutes after I sit down to gaze out on my beautiful children playing gleefully (ha!), he insists on getting out of the car. And then repeat the cycle. 
Again
& again
& again


Tonight, Milo decided he would figure out this whole getting into & out of the car by himself because mommy all but banned him from the car cause she was tired. Seriously (no exaggeration here), he practiced getting in & out of that car for an hour. An hour! 

I've heard it before & I know I'll hear it again... & now I'm saying it- he is determined! Whatever it is he decides he wants, he will darn-well get it!

My prediction: While determination is a good, admirable quality in someone, I just know this will come back to bite us when Milo is a teenager.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...