quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Ahhh... Young Love

My little princess has always been "attracted" to boys/men with dark hair. We've noticed this since she was a baby. She loves "flirting" with our neighbor- she watches for him to come home in the afternoon & loves to yell at him through the window in the summer. But as soon as he approaches her, she clams up & gets so shy (she usually hides behind me). It's funny to watch.

I discovered her fascination with a little boy in her class at school a couple months ago. I had no idea who he was when her teachers first told me about him, but I knew without seeing him that he had dark hair. I've posted about him before (A's baby).

So, when I picked Xandra up from school today, she seemed a little down. She wouldn't tell me anything until we got to the car. Finally, she opened up & told me she was upset because A wouldn't play with her today, and he supposedly told her that no girls were coming to his birthday party. **I think her class is going through a phase - "I'm mad at you. You can't come to my birthday!" - even though most of them don't have a concept of when their birthdays will be coming along. I've been invited/uninvited to Xandra's birthday too many times to count.** She was so upset about this "slight" by A. It was really hard not to giggle at her. I did my best to console her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...