quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!


Xandra's searching for just the right snow...


Here it is mama-the perfect snow! (love that little mischievous grin!)

The best piece of snow we could find!

Ok, not a true snow day here - our schools were open. But when I brought Xandra home, we had to take some time to play in the snow. Well, most of the time mama was complaining about being cold & wanting to go inside (poor Xandra was had to beg me to stay outside & play). I really think snow is beautiful... as viewed from inside a nice warm house, maybe sitting next to a fire in the fireplace. :) My dream (if you haven't figured it out by now) is to live by the ocean. At the very least, I want to be within an hour or two drive to a beach. I'm very hopeful that with both my & Matt's new careers, we'll be able to move to our (ok, my) dream house... we shall see.

On the adoption front, we received our LOC from the CCAA. Lots of acronyms in that sentence! So the LOC is our Letter of Confirmation - the letter from the Chinese government stating they have confirmed our match to Zheng NanGan. Now we get to apply for the 2nd part of our immigration approval. We've been approved to bring "a" child from China, now we need to be approved to bring specifically Zheng NanGan home. From the approximate dates supplied by our agency, we're anticipating getting our Travel Approval (the final piece we need to actually travel to China to get our boy!) in about 11 weeks, or so. That actually works out very well. With that timeline, we're anticipating TA some time around March or April, so we can actually travel in May. Woo!! :) It seems meant to be! (My winter semester at school ends at the end of April, and we'd love to travel as soon as I'm done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...