quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dairy Farm Field Trip

Xandra's Pre-K class went on their first field trip yesterday, and I got to go along! I was so excited-I think even more than Xandra! We went to a local dairy farm. The kids started out petting the goats.
DSC_0368

 Xandra & her "love" A


Then we went inside to get some ice cream. YUMM!!
It's not easy to wait for ice cream!!

You may be wondering where the pictures of the cows are... We only saw a couple cows the whole time we were there! What kind of dairy farm was that??!! I was disappointed, but the kids seemed fine with it. I was looking forward to watching the cows get milked... Oh well. After the ice cream was eaten, the kids went for a ride. There were little red barrels (could seat 1-2 kids in each) attached to a tractor & the driver drove around a bit. I got pictures of it but it shows all of the kids' faces, and I don't want to upset any fellow parents by publishing them without permission. Also, out of the 10 kids that went, Xandra was the only one screaming her head off in fear of the ride. All the others thought it was great. So, the pics I got of my kid suck. :(

I really enjoyed being able to go & capture a bunch of pics of the kids for all of the parents! But, I don't think I'll be joining the kids on any other field trips (there's about one a week through the summer). Xandra just does not handle change to her routine well... at all. Matt usually drops Xandra off at school in the mornings & I pick her up. I took her yesterday since I'd be sticking around for a while. Xandra had a melt-down, because daddy wasn't there. Then, she decided since I was there, she didn't have to participate with the class. There were at least 2-3 more melt-downs throughout the trip. 

So, as much as I love to help the class, Xandra just doesn't make it easy for me to. We're going to try to implement some new rules around the house to try to nip this little attitude. She's going to have a tough reality check when she starts kindergarten this fall...

**Sorry about the mediocre pictures!! I *really* need to get photo editing software!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...