quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Thunderstorms...

No, this isn't my car. But it may as well be. Yesterday was one of the hottest days of the year for us, so far. Plus it was one of those stagnant hot days - with virtually no wind. Xandra had a play-date with a little boy (whose mom is also one of her teachers), so I had to pick her up a little early from school to make it home on time to meet them. I love that my car has a sun roof & use it as often as possible. As I approached the house after picking Xandra up, I noticed her friend was already at our house waiting (I hate when that happens!). I quickly parked the car, grabbed the kids out of their carseats, & got everyone inside into the air conditioning. I neglected to close the sunroof.

You all can figure out what happened... I left the sunroof open, and a major thunderstorm (or 2 or 3) came in overnight. I mean major. So my car is soaked. Matt is less than happy, to put it mildly. I feel like a complete idiot. From what Matt tells me, the car will (miraculously!) start (we were worried about that because it's one of those fancy push-button starts), but the radio/GPS unit is probably fried.

There's not much to do at this point, other than to let it dry out, and pray for the best. Yes, it is a petty thing to be so upset about in the grand scheme of things. But I'm really upset about it. I can't believe I was so stupid.

On a completely other note:  I got word yesterday that I made the Dean's List at school for winter semester!! I've never done that before, and I was really happy about it. You know... until the car thing happened.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I can make you feel better. I tripped in the obstacle course at bible camp with the 5-year olds and possibly tore my miniscus. Yes, I was taken down by a 6" hurdle and now I'm on crutches!!! Now, that is stupid!!! I feel awful about your car though:( Just thank God that it's running:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...