quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Baby Girl...

I found this picture online, and I find it ironic that it has the name "Sasha" attached to it. When Xandra was little, she couldn't quite say her name, so she referred to herself as "Zasha." I still call her that to this day- it's my special name for her. And this picture also depicts how my girl has been feeling lately.

Matt & I have been having numerous talks & rants regarding Xandra the past week or so. She's been throwing more fits lately, which haven't made much sense. Granted, we've been putting new rules in place regarding food, bedtime, & general behavior. I knew there would be repercussions - I'm not entirely new to this parenting thing!! But I also know that there are things regarding Xandra's behavior that just simply need to change. We've coddled her & spoiled her for a very long time. That's our fault.

Anyway, our newest behavior issue with Xandra has been getting her to school. I posted about this in the Dairy Farm field trip. When Matt drops Xandra at school in the mornings (for at least the past week), she cries. When I took her for her field trip, she cried. I had to take something to her today after she was dropped off, and she cried. Matt actually bribed her yesterday morning- saying if she didn't cry, he would take her to get ice cream. It was difficult for her, but she made it. She didn't cry, so she got her ice cream last night.

One of her wonderful teachers pulled me aside this afternoon when I picked Xandra up, and told me she thinks she figured out the problem. Apparently, after I left my daughter in tears once again this morning Xandra told Miss Shannon that she was sad because everybody got to stay/be at home except her. Blew my mind. This thought just totally didn't pass through my brain. I don't know why I didn't think of it... But it makes absolute perfect sense. And now I'm having major guilt over it.

I still don't want to pull her out of daycare, though. Aside from it being a daycare (which allows me to get so much done in a day), they have taught her so much!! I've been worried for a little while now that Xandra is just ever so slightly behind her peers. And in some areas, she is. But she's caught up so much just by being in this preschool!

I realize this is just something that she will ultimately need to deal with. And really, she won't have to deal with it for very long. Milo will be starting the same daycare in August. Then a few weeks after that, Xandra will be moving on to kindergarten.
**********************************
On another note, Milo has had his first noticeable injury. He falls all the time around here, and we've had at least half a dozen lip bleeds when he slips. He's quite a dare-devil, and I've already predicted that he will be the child that needs stitches & casts. It's not a matter of if- just a matter of when.

So Matt came home from running some errands earlier today, and we decided to meet him in the front yard. I set Milo down so he could walk around. Matt just got done telling me to keep a close eye on him, when he fell. I really was right on top of him- there was just nothing I could do. Our driveway goes downhill from our house to the street. Milo had been walking around in the garage, got some speed up, and headed toward the driveway. I knew what was going to happen before it did, and I even said something to the effect of "Milo, slow down!" & started grabbing for him. Then down he went. Luckily, I was able to somewhat slow him down so the fall was definitely not as bad as it could have been. But he's got scrapes around his forehead & one on his nose. I think it's one of those type that looks worse than it is. Honestly, he only cried for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then he was absolutely fine. Such is the life of boys, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...