quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Little of This & That

Isn't this the cutest outfit?? I LOVE the slippers she added to complete the look!!

So, the kids & I spent over half the day in our pj's (see picture above). I love pj days, but I finally decided it was much too pretty of a day to waste indoors. After their naps (well, Milo took a nap; Xandra played in her room), I got them dressed & packed them into the car & we made our way to a local  park.






M1 5-25-11

Please Note:  These are the only smiles I got out of Xandra all day. I realize she is old enough to give up nap time, however she does still benefit from them. Seriously. She skipped nap time yesterday as well, and was fine. But two days in a row was really pushing it for her, and I ended up with the cranky, moody kid today. About 10 minutes after we got to the park, Xandra complained her foot was hurting. I thought she may have gotten dirt or a rock caught in her sandals, but no... she had a blister. I now had a tired, cranky, moody, & *in pain* child on my hands. 

Milo was in his stroller, so I told Xandra to jump on my back & I carried her all the way back to the car (keep in mind this is a big park where lots of people go for wedding pictures, so it was quite a trek back to the car). Let me tell you just how difficult this task was for me. Matt & I decided to start working out a couple days ago. We stupidly chose P90X. My entire body is in pain. Seriously, it flippin' hurts to breathe! 

Anyway, I made it (thank God!)- I got the kids back to the car, strapped into their car seats, stroller thrown put away in the trunk, and finally collapsed into the front seat completely out of breath. Xandra & I argued most of the rest of the night while I counted down the minutes until bedtime. :) 

I think I'll try our photo shoot again in a few days when Matt can accompany me to the park. Trying to coordinate both the kids (especially when one missed their nap) by myself was not easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...