quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Awful, Horrible, No Good, Rotten Day

Let me start by saying: I'M EXHAUSTED!!! We had some major rain storms here last night. We live on a hill, so although there were all kinds of flood warnings & watches in our area, we don't really worry about that, even though it had been raining from about 9:30 pm until 6:00 am straight. I found out this morning that there were also some tornado warnings & watches issued @ 1:30 am as well. Since we do live on a hill, we almost constantly have some type of breeze, but usually a full-out wind. Last night went way beyond that. I honestly thought the house was going to blow down. It was insane. Add onto the the insane wind gusts, all of the crazy loud thunder claps, and you end up with a very scared & unable to sleep 4-year-old. She woke up a couple times with the thunder, and finally at 4:00 am, I just brought Xandra to bed with me. This child has not slept in our bed since she was 8 weeks old (I've been insistent that she stays in her bed no matter what because she beat the heck out of me when she was an infant!). It did work- she finally got back to sleep & stayed asleep until 6:30. Unfortunately, I had already been tossing & turning (both with the storm & the screaming child) for the entire night until she finally settled down, so I really only got maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep. 


So, a not-so-great start to a Monday. I've gone on with my day with less sleep though... I'm a mom! I can do lots of things on little to no sleep! Then I went to take my Physics exam. . . . . I think my professor may have written the test in some new, as-of-yet undiscovered language. Or maybe I was transported out of my body on the 4,5,6 days that he went over the information he was testing on (I know I was physically in the class, but maybe I took the wrong notes???). Or maybe my teacher is just kind of mean (I'm thinking this is it... ). I was absolutely exhausted after the exam was over. And I'd worked myself up so much over it, that I had a stomach ache. 


A couple of my friends decided they'd like to study for our upcoming Anatomy test after school, so I asked my poor sick (wonderful!) husband to please pick up Xandra so I could do some extra studying. With his agreement, I set out to meet my friends at a local restaurant. I got to my car, opened the trunk to throw my book bag in, & closed it... with my keys inside. Now, supposedly, this should not be a problem because I have this handy dandy smart key that should never let me be able to do that. The trunk isn't supposed to be able to latch if the keys are in there.... WRONG!!! What a way to end the day!!!! I was so mad at myself- I felt so stupid. Thankfully, one of my friends had parked near me & offered to take me back to my house, grab the spare, & bring me back to school. Thank goodness for wonderful friends!! 


All I want to do right now is just go to bed. I still need to study for that darn A&P exam. But I think I'll just hold off on that until tomorrow. The exam isn't until Wednesday, so I have a little time to try to "catch up" on some sleep. With any luck at all, tomorrow will be a better day. *crossing my fingers!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...