quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rock Star!

Xandra & I were rocking out this morning as we got ready to go run a few errands. I poked my head out of the bathroom to find her dancing & singing! She cracks me up with her big personality!! As aggravating as she can be... she's the sunshine in my life!

It's been a crazy week (again). School is taking over my life, as I knew it would. There just aren't enough hours in the day... I really miss being able to give 100% attention to Xandra & Matt. I'm only partially involved these days, with most of my brain revolving around what assignment is due next & which test I need to study for. Matt has been wonderful in taking on so much more responsibility. I could not have done this without him!

We did have some good news yesterday on the adoption front: we got our I-800 Provisional Approval!! :D Yaaa!! For those not in the adoption world, that means immigration has approved Milo to come home with us! They will be sending a copy of the approval on to the National Visa Center (NVC), who will also approve this. Our case worker has sent all of our approved paperwork on to the US Consulate in China. They won't look at the paperwork until they receive a copy of the NVC's approval, which we'll be able to email once it arrives. From there, the US Consulate sends it over to the CCAI (Chinese government) who will give us Travel Approval (TA). That's the final step. Once we have Travel Approval, we make an appointment with the US Consulate to take an oath (which is actually the last thing we'll do while in China, before we can all come home). With that appointment date set, we will be free to make our travel plans! All in all, using our case worker's approximate time lines, we're figuring on having our TA by mid-April. That works out perfectly to travel in early May!! Just a few more months & I'll be holding my son in my arms!!

Now I'm started to really think about what we'll need to take with us to China! Bring on the To-Do Lists!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...