quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ICE Day!

ICE


Some of the accumulated ICE on our deck. All plans called off due to ICE! After yesterday's post (so full of self-pity!), I figured this was actually a wonderful change of events. This gives me an entire day to study for my upcoming tests (if I could only get myself off the computer!!).

I discovered a new blog, and Lisa (the mom, writer, & photographer of the blog) has just inspired me! She's incredible with a camera - although she's got incredible subjects! Her kids are more than beautiful! I'm going to try to get in touch with her once I've caught up on her blog (I'm one who thoroughly enjoys reading from beginning to end). I've read about a year & a half's worth of her 3 year's long blog, in about 3 days. I love it!

I'm really happy I found her, because I'm supposed to photograph a wedding this spring, and I'm beyond nervous. Lisa has actually started her own small photography business just because she loves to do it & wanted to share her talents. I wish I was that brave. I even went to school for photography, but dropped out because I just couldn't get the hang of the technical aspect (lighting mostly). And I never really learned how to edit and adjust my digital pictures because that really wasn't around while I was in school. I've asked Matt about taking a low-key (read: not technical) class on Photoshop or some other photo program. Now if I could just fit it into my insane schedule!!

I was really hoping to get to school today to study some of the models I'll be tested on in Anatomy, but the pictures I've got of them will just have to do today. I'm going to go bury myself in books & papers in a few minutes - hidden away in my room probably. I'm half trying to hide myself away from Xandra- she always wants just me when I'm home. Daddy's here too, but much to his disappointment, she continues to be a "mama's girl."

Blue
I've been playing with some of the features on Flickr - what do you think? Too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...