quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

POP! Goes the Weasel! Oh wait...


My child.. my precious, beautiful, enchanting little girl... ahhhh. My wonderful little girl has become a jack-in-the-box. We put her to bed, she pops back up. We tuck her in again... POP! We get her some water... POP! We take her to potty... POP! We rub her feet because she insists they hurt & she can't possibly sleep in so much pain... POP!!

I went out with a friend last night to study for a very big Anatomy test I had today. I left when Matt was headed up the stairs with Xandra to get ready for bed - @ 8:00. I had a great time, and pulled back in the driveway 2 hours later feeling pretty confident about the upcoming test. I walked in the front door... and found my cute little manipulative daughter sitting on the couch in the family room watching tv. My husband was in an adjoining room, playing a video game. I immediately asked him if he was aware she was up. Yes, he was... apparently she had cried, and desperately wanted/needed another hug & kiss from mommy before she could possibly think about going back to bed. Daddy insisted I go easy on her... after all, she had cried. I guess in those 2 hours, daddy let miss Xandra play with her B*arbies for a while before he allowed her to come down & watch tv.

So tonight, we had a similar situation except this time, Matt left as I was getting ready to put Xandra to bed. One would think that at this point in her life, Xandra would know who is the stricter parent. Apparently, that little tidbit has slipped right past her. She tried to play the same game with me as she did with daddy. A full 10 minutes after I tucked her in she popped back up to let me know that she needed to potty (don't worry about having gone just 10 minutes before). Since she knows how to go potty all by herself during the day, this should not be an issue for her to go by herself at night... right? WRONG! We get through all of that... with Xandra letting me know that she would be telling daddy on me for being mad at her. I tuck her in a 2nd time. I come back downstairs to get started on my homework, and @ 30 minutes later, Matt came home. I suddenly heard movement upstairs, and turned around to find Xandra on the staircase begging daddy for a "squeeze." Matt took her back up & tucked her in... again. Not too long after, Matt decided to go to bed. Unfortunately, I still had some homework to do, so I stayed up.

About 5 minutes later, I hear a little person talking... I go up again. This time, she was sitting right outside our bedroom (where my loving husband was watching tv), talking up a storm. When she caught sight of me, she immediately came up with her story- she had to get her doggy toy that she accidentally left outside our room 2 weeks ago, and then she had to get a drink of water.... 'why are you mad at me mommy?'

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...