quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Night Out

Matt & I got one of our somewhat rare nights out last night with some of our best friends & family. We went to a local bar (read "hole in the wall, redneck bar") where Matt's cousin Wade likes to sing occasionally. The video is of Matt dancing (which he *never* does) with Wade's sister Jennifer.



We had a really good time. We left Xandra home with our best friends' daughter babysitting. I had debated all day long whether we would really be able to go out because Xandra had been up almost the entire night before. She's got a lot of sinus drainage, which has led to a nasty cough. I took her to her FCC play group earlier in the morning, and ended up leaving pretty quickly because she was just not feeling well. We decided to go ahead & go out because toward the end of the afternoon she was playing like normal. I suppose we probably made the wrong decision, though I'm not sure. It's so hard to tell if she's really, truly sick or if she's being mellow-dramatic, as she tends to be.

At any rate, we're paying a bit today for having gone out last night. Xandra went to bed @ 1:00 am (yes, that late)and got up at 4 am. She had one heck of a fit, just screaming about how much she loved me & daddy (???). I was starting to lose my temper because it just didn't make sense what was happening with her, until I touched her. She had a fever. I figure she was just so tired & feeling so crummy, she kind of lost it a bit. We got some motrine in her, and she settled down almost instantly.

Xandra is already sick, and I'm getting there. I realize the weather isn't interesting to most people, but it's just been insane here. This past Friday (only 2 days ago!), I wore a tee-shirt to school. It was almost 70 degrees! Today, it sleeted & snowed. What the heck?? I really do not like Ohio. I've been saying it for as long as I can remember... I can't wait to get the opportunity to get the heck out of here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...