quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day, Round 2


2-2-11
As if the ice storm wasn't bad enough yesterday... Overnight we had wind gusts @ 50 mph. It did dry up the ice, but now we've got snow falling. And tonight, they're calling for more sleet, freezing rain, and wind. Grrr!! I *really* do not like cold weather!

So, we've been stuck at home again today. I know it's only been 2 days, but I think we're all going stir-crazy. I decided to move all of Xandra's B*arbie's to the Rec Room at the top of our stairs. We've never used that room as a "Rec Room." We threw a cute love seat & chair up there a few years ago. We used to have a tv in there, but moved it out when Xandra was born (anything to keep the baby asleep!). So, it became a pass-through area.

Some may recall a few posts ago, when I posted the picture of B*arbie madness in our front room. Well, now it's moved upstairs:
DSC_0013 1

As much as I don't like this, I think it's still better than before when everything was in our "entertaining" area. So, now our front room looks like this:
DSC_0015 1

I really wanted all of the toys to be moved upstairs- that was my original plan. But I neglected to fully realize just how many toys Xandra has, and just how large some of them are (see kitchen set). I know a lot of families tend to put the kids' toys in the kids' rooms. I'm not that person. We still use Xandra's room as her "calming down" area when she has a tantrum. So, I don't want her to have a bunch of toys to play with while she's contemplating what she's done wrong. We may need to rework some things when Milo comes home- we may even need to get rid of some toys (trust me, I've already been contemplating that one for a while!). We'll see how things go with our new setup for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...