quote

True Love: The feeling when you first look in your child's eyes, the tiny little hand gripping your finger, and you can't imagine your life without him or her.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tale of 2 Personalities


Take a good long look at this beautiful little girl with the gorgeous smile. This is not the child I've seen except for fleeting moments. Someone has replaced my giggly, happy girl with a moody pre-teen. Yes, I realize she's only 4. But someone's been teaching her how to drive her mommy crazy. She woke up yesterday in a bad mood. No apparent reason why. But it came to a head when I dared to suggest that she might need her hair brushed. Cue meltdown. And out the door she went to school. Without having brushed her hair. Yep. I'm the mom that sends her kid to school looking like she just rolled out of bed, cause she did. Never thought I'd be that mom. But here I am.

The bad mood seemingly went away by the time I picked her up in the afternoon. How wrong I was. The next meltdown came during dinner. We went out to Olive Garden to celebrate Matt's birthday (a few days late). I still haven't figured out why. And the next one came at bedtime.

The bedtime one is ongoing. It seems to come as a huge shock that every single night she has to get pj's on & go to bed. Why is this shocking? Why is this a surprise? Oh well. Another fun stage in raising my princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you visited!! Please Leave a Comment! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...